L.I.F.E. Co-op Home Class Descriptions
Student/Parent Expectations Registration
L.I.F.E. Home School Co-op
Learning In a Family Environment
2013-2014 Parent and Student Expectations and
Please Print out this form, sign it, and mail it with your Registation
- Families will have at least one parent at the
co-op at all times.
In case of emergency see
- Parents are required to teach or assist with
- Families are expected to arrive on time, stay
for the whole co-op and attend all 8 sessions. In case of emergency see policies below.
- Please do not bring sick children to co-op.
Please respect the
church building. Two families/month in charge of clean-up.
- Students are expected to be respectful, attentive,
- Please do not bring items unrelated to co-op
- No roughhousing or running is allowed in the
- If, due to an emergency, a parent cannot
attend co-op, they may, at their discretion, arrange for a supervising
adult to attend with their child/ren.
This person must be willing to act in loco parentis and
during the opening announcement time they must introduce themselves and
point out the child/ren for whom they are taking responsibility. A 16 year old or older student may act
as the supervising adult for a younger sibling, but should realize that
they may be called on to assist their sibling as needed.
- If unable to attend, a teacher is responsible
for finding a replacement as well as notifying their assistant.
- If unable to attend, an assistant is responsible
for finding a replacement and notifying the teachers of the classes in
which they assist.
- Each adult at co-op is a “teacher”; therefore,
they are in authority over all the students who attend, (not just their
own). If you see a student
misbehaving, please gently correct them.
If a student continues to misbehave, and/or doesn’t submit to the
teacher’s authority, that student will be asked to leave the class and go
to his/her parent(s).
- Children living in your home are eligible to
participate. Occasional guests are allowed.
- Class changes are at parent/teacher discretion
based on class availability. Subject
to teacher discretion, there are no refunds of class fees for dropped
classes, and payment in full will be required for the new class.
We have read, and agree
to, the expectations and policies for LIFE Co-op: